Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Beta Plunge














A few months ago I was doing my usual lurking on the Eve Online forums when I came upon a post about a new game called Perpetuum Online. Descriptions of this new game ranged from a great Mechwarrior type game with an Eve Online feel to an awful rip-off of Eve Online. Being a 5 year player of Eve and a fan of the old Mechwarrior games, I felt I owed it to myself to take a look. I took a spin around the Perpetuum Online website, saw they were in closed-beta stage and decided I did not have the time to devote to helping in a bug hunt. I left still interested and promised myself I would come back for a look once they opened things up.

Two days ago I read that Perpetuum's creators, Avatar Creations, were opening up the beta. I placed an application for an account. The form I had to fill out was specifically for the closed beta but I made sure to note in my application that I was there for the open testing when it became available. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, Avatar Creations issued me a closed beta account about three hours ago.

This blog will cover my foray into the Perpetuum Online virtual world. I did not notice any NDAs when reading through the various agreements so I believe I'm not breaking any of the developer's rules with this blog.

My next post will cover creating my character (known as an Agent in-game), selecting my training and picking a "Spark" to control.

No comments:

Post a Comment